Your Guide to Roofing Systems in Denver
As a professional roofer in Denver, we use the term system since your roof is made up of much more than simply shingles. We know that most people feel they have a new roof after removing the old shingles and installing new shingles since that is what their roof company informed them they received. However, there are numerous distinct components of your roof and various roles of these components, which is why it is referred to as a system.
Let Us Take a Look at an Entire Roof System
Your whole roof system is made up of several components that serve a distinct purpose. The system is built in layers, with each layer protecting your property in a different way and from different weather factors. These functions will be referred to as seal, protect, and breathe.
Now, let us consider what we mean by Seal, Defend, and Breathe:
- Underlayment - There are various varieties of underlayment products available, including felt paper and synthetics. All of these products are meant to protect your roof from moisture and damage, as well as to add another layer of protection against the weather. These components are especially critical because they help an asphalt shingle roof assembly achieve a Class A fire rating.
- Self-adhering membranes such as Ice and Water Shield, WeatherLock, and StormGuard (depending on the shingle manufacturer) offer a higher level of ice and water protection. They are typically erected in locations prone to ice and water, such as along the perimeter above soffits, eaves, and valleys.
- Starter shingles - Installed along the perimeter of your roof, these shingles seal to the initial course of shingles, helping to attach the shingles and offer greater wind resistance.
- Shingles are what everyone notices when they look at their roof and maybe the sole component that homeowners consider when purchasing a new roof. Shingles come in a variety of types, grades, and classifications, so it is important to learn as much as you can about the shingle before deciding on a color.
- Hip and ridge shingles - These are the shingles that are capped over the peak and curves of the roof. They assist protect against rain and wind while also enhancing the overall appearance of your roof by giving it a completed aspect.
- Ventilation is a critical component of your roof system because it allows your property to breathe. A well-ventilated roof will increase airflow and protect it from heat and moisture damage. Ventilation of your roof also involves ventilating your attic, which includes air intake (soffit vents) and exhaust vents (ridge vent, turbine vents, power vents, to name a few) to assist control airflow and avoid mildew, ice dams, and attic temperature.
Other required components of your entire roof system must also be changed and/or installed while having your roof done. These components include naming a few, drip edge, pipe flashing, chimney flashing, and wall flashing. These elements are critical because they contribute to tight, stable, and well-protected roofing in Denver.
Let us talk about a "Branded" roof system now that we have outlined a complete roof system.
A "Branded" roofing system is designed in the same way as a full roof system, but it uses manufacturer-specific materials. GAF is North America's largest manufacturer and the industry leader in roofing materials. You will have a complete "Branded" roof system if you use manufacturer-specific materials such as shingles, starter shingles, hip and ridge shingles, synthetic underlayments such as Feltbuster, StormGuard, or TigerPaw, ridge vent, and self-adhering membranes.
What makes the "Branded" full roof system superior? These items have been created and developed by the manufacturer to operate together and provide the best degree of security for your whole house. Whereas cheap comparable materials gathered from different manufacturers are not intended and built to function together, they will not provide the same level of protection to your property as a "Branded" full roof system.
As a GAF Master Elite Certified and President's Trophy Award-Winning Denver roofing contractor, R3NG constantly prioritizes home and business owners by educating them on "smart purchase" selections that provide the highest returns on investment. Your house is a financial investment. We are here to assist you to make the best option for your house and budget, whether you are renovating, replacing a roof, or investing in home energy efficiency enhancements.
Simple improvements such as skylights, new window installations, and chimney covers may reduce your energy expenses while increasing the overall value of your house. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding cost-effective methods to save money on energy bills, roofing, or top-quality home renovation items with the best warranties. 720-407-6122 is the number to call if you need assistance.